Sunday, August 14

Zucchinni Cocoa Muffins

I have a problem... like it's out of control...I have too many zucchini growing in my garden. So, I've decided to take charge in this situation and change it for the better. My plan: bake lots of these muffins. They're moist, chocolaty, easy, and somewhat healthy... right? Yeah totally.


1/3 cup boiling water 
2 cups shredded zucchinni and/or crooked neck squash
1 1/2 cups flour 
1/2 cup cocoa 
3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp salt1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
3 eggs
1 Tbl vanilla
*If you need an extra dose of chocolate add 1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, pour boiling water over zucchini. Add all other ingredients and stir just until well combined. Line muffin pans with paper muffin cups, and use a 1/4 cup measure to pour batter into cups. Bake for 30 minutes. You should get 16-18 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment