Friday, June 17

Polenta Stuffed Mushrooms


Probably one of the easiest things I've cooked! So easy that I only have guidelines and no recipe! Hopefully that's ok with ya'll.

If you've never made Polenta, you're missing out! It's just as easy as making rice. I usually do one cup corn meal to one cup water, one cup milk. First, I always check my fridge, garden or cupboard for yummy spices or herbs. Today, I had garlic infused olive oil and fresh rosemary. I brought my liquid, olive oil and chopped rosemary to a simmer then while stirring, slowly added the corn meal. The corn meal will quickly soak up the liquid, so after a few minutes simmering you should taste the Polenta. If it has too much crunch add more liquid, if not turn off the heat. After adding salt and pepper, I stirred in about a hand full of Parmesan cheese.

I bought enough Cremini Mushrooms for myself, washed them and cut off the stems. I rolled them in olive oil so they'll cook nicely, placed them on a pan and put a spoonful of Polenta in them. To finish the mushrooms off, I sprinkled a bit of Parmesan cheese on top and put them in the oven on a low broil for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.



Aren't they cute?! Such a yummy and quick h'orderve that you could put a variety of ingredients in. Plus, I had a bunch of Polenta leftover for later!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These look like something I could make. I love Polenta.

    ReplyDelete